Foire aux questions :
“There are no dumb questions, only dumb people who don’t ask questions.”
You probably have questions... and that's good! For now, the answers are free...
We have prepared this faq in order to answer as many questions as possible. However, if you still have questions, do not hesitate to contact us!
At the bottom of this page, you will find a contact form where you can send your question... I ask you to make sure that we have not already answered it here...
Take a look at the index below.
- 1- CAN I BID UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE?
- 2- How long will it take for me to receive my product?
- 3– Are there any extra charges if I bid online?
- 4– HOW TO BE INFORMED ABOUT UPCOMING SALES?
- 5– WHEN CAN I ACCESS THE CATALOGUE BEFORE A SALE?
- 6– I WON A LOT, WHAT WILL MY FINAL BILL BE?
- 7– THE ONLINE PHOTOS DO NOT ALLOW ME TO JUDGE THE CONDITION OF THE OBJECT. WHAT TO DO?
- 8– IN WHAT STATE IS AN OBJECT IF NO DETAILS ARE GIVEN IN THE DESCRIPTION?
- 9– WHERE DO THE ITEMS OFFERED FOR SALE ON WWW.MOINAT-AUCTIONS.COM COME FROM?
- 10– WHAT IS AN «ONLINE SALE»?
- 11– HOW DO I PAY FOR THE PRIZES I HAVE WON?
- 12– I GOT LOTS, WHEN CAN I PICK THEM UP?
- 13– I AM A FOREIGN BUYER, HOW CAN I GET THE SWISS VAT REFUNDED ON MY INVOICE?
- 14– WHAT ARE THE FORMALITIES FOR EXPORTING LOTS TO A FOREIGN BUYER?
- 15– IS IT POSSIBLE TO CREATE A LIST OF FAVOURITES?
- 16– I BOUGHT A FRAGILE AND/OR BULKY OBJECT (CHANDELIER, GLASSWARE, EARTHENWARE, PORCELAIN...) CAN YOU PACK IT FOR ME?
- 17– DO YOU GUARANTEE THAT ALL THE LOTS IN THE CATALOGUE ARE IN GOOD CONDITION?
- 18– HOW TO ACCESS THE SALE FROM THE HOME PAGE OF MOINAT-aunctions.com?
Can I bid until the last minute?
Yes, it is possible to bid just before the deadline. If a bid is placed, a 5 minute countdown starts. It is then still possible to bid during these last 5 minutes. The countdown starts again for 5 minutes with each new bid until no one bids during these 5 minutes. At that moment, the lot is sold.
How long will it take for me to receive my product?
The goods are at your disposal upon payment of the invoice. You are responsible for organising the collection or transport of the goods. Simple protection of the goods is offered, but packaging for shipment (courier, UPS, etc.) / delivery by carrier will be offered at an additional cost.
Are there any extra charges if I bid online?
No, the sale is only done through the internet and the fee is 20%.
How can I be informed of upcoming sales?
You can visit our website at any time to view information on upcoming sales, or subscribe to our newsletter. You will receive a maximum of 6 messages per year. Confidentiality and data protection is important to us. Your data will never be passed on to a third party.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
(We will only write to you when there is something new to share).
When can I access the catalogue before a sale?
The online catalogue is available on the internet approximately 2-3 weeks before the sale. If a paper catalogue is printed, a PDF version will be available online, accessible from our website.
I won a lot, what will be the final amount of my bill?
The amount of your invoice will be the auction price plus a 20% fee (called commission or fee) plus VAT of 7.7% on the total, which makes a total of 29.24% above the auction price.
- a lot that was auctioned at CHF 100.
- 20% commission = CHF 20.00
- 20% commission = CHF 20.00
- My total bill: CHF 129.24
In case of export from Switzerland, Swiss VAT is not added and the rate of the country of destination will be applied. The application of these charges depends on what is agreed for collection or delivery.
The photos online do not allow me to judge the condition of the object. What should I do?
Due to the large number of items offered in our sales, it is difficult to guarantee a large number of photos for each item. By contacting us, you can obtain new photos with the details you are interested in.
In what state is an object if no details are given in the description?
In principle, information on the condition of objects is not systematically communicated in the descriptions. Usually, photos are used to judge the general condition of an item. In case of doubt, do not hesitate to contact us before the sale and ask for information, as we decline any responsibility after the auction.
Where do the items offered in the sales come from on www.moinat-auctions.com?
The family business CHARLES-EMILE MOINAT & FILS SA has a very large collection of art and antique objects. These objects have been acquired over the years from private individuals, art dealers, special sales, international exhibitions, etc.
By organising auctions, the company CHARLES-EMILE MOINAT & FILS SA wishes to give everyone access to art objects at the current fair market price.
WHAT IS AN «online sale» ?
An online sale is a sale that takes place exclusively "on offer": there will be no auction, you can only participate by leaving buy orders online, or by betting on the platform provided.
If you have any technical problems accessing the platform or betting online, please contact us and we can help you.
How do I pay for the prizes I have won?
Payment is due within 3 days of the sale. You can pay by the following methods:
- by debit card (EC, Maestro, Postcard) or cash upon collection of the purchased lots, within 3 days after the sale.
- by bank transfer (our contact details can be found at the bottom of each invoice). Please note: bank transfers from Switzerland generally take 1 to 2 days to arrive; bank transfers from the EU or other countries generally take 3 to 5 days to arrive. Please make sure that we have received your bank transfer before you come to collect your items.
- by credit card (Visa and Mastercard) which are subject to a 3% administration fee, through the Stripe platform or at the reception when the goods are collected
- by Paypal, with an additional 3.5% fee.
- Please note that cheques are not accepted.
Please inform us as soon as possible of the desired method of payment.
I got lots, when can I pick them up?
After the sale you will receive an invoice. As soon as we have received your payment, the goods are at your disposal and must be collected within 7 days. It is also possible to pay cash on collection. See the general conditions for details.
I am a foreign buyer, how can I get the Swiss VAT refunded on my invoice?
We refund the VAT on presentation of the export paper duly validated by the Swiss customs. However, for administrative reasons, we only refund VAT if it exceeds CHF 50.
What are the formalities for exporting lots to a foreign buyer?
The customs formalities depend on many criteria which vary according to the country of importation. CHARLES-EMILE MOINAT & FILS SA cannot give you any information on this subject, you must contact the customs services directly for any export/import question relating to lots obtained from us.
Please be careful with objects made of horn, ivory, tortoiseshell or any other material subject to special regulations, as the rules differ from country to country. We invite you to inquire before purchasing the item in question.
Our teams will provide you with as much information as they can.
Is it possible to create a list of favourites?
Yes, by selecting the heart under the photo of each batch.
I bought a fragile and/or bulky object (chandelier, glassware, earthenware, porcelain, etc.) Can you pack it for me?
For insurance reasons, we do not take responsibility for the removal of chandeliers or the packing of the most fragile objects, glasses and china, tableware, ... However, on request, we can make an offer for the preparation and packing.
Do you guarantee that all lots in the catalogue are in good condition?
Not all lots described in the catalogue are necessarily in good condition. In general, the descriptions do not indicate the details of the condition. It is possible to view the items before the sale, either in person or remotely, to see the condition of the item you are interested in. If you are unable to attend the show, our specialists are available to provide condition reports.
How do I access the sale from the moinat-auctions.com homepage?
Il suffit de cliquer sur « Accéder à la prochaine vente » pour être redirigé sur la plateforme “Drouot Online" where our lots are presented.